Tahunanui, Nelson, New Zealand
Tahunanui is Nelson’s beach suburb and we reckon it’s New Zealand’s best beach. We love living here and the beach reserve area is a large part of the reason why Nelson is consistently rated as the one of the most desirable places to live in New Zealand.
Tahunanui has many great accommodation options and places to stay, great places for food and drink, lots of fun things to do, local shops and a thriving community
Tahunanui Activities and things to do
The beach is excellent for swimming, running or walking. It is also a paradise for stand-up paddle boarders, wind surfers, kite surfers, dog walkers and general sun seekers.
Amenities include; the skatepark, children’s playgrounds, a children’s Zoo, roller skating rink, hydroslide, bumpa-boats, BMX track, model railway, public tennis courts, Pétanque and mini golf.
Summertime highlights include beach volleyball and the Weetbix Tryathlon.
Love Tahuna ? … Then join the TBA
The TBA is a local Tahuna business group dedicated to supporting and strengthening the Tahunanui community. The TBA’s goals include;
- Protecting the area for the benefit of residents and visitors.
- Supporting local business and the ‘Tahunanui village’ concept.
- Campaigning for sensible roading.
- Lobbying for the implementation of the ‘Tahunanui Structure Plan, enhancement study and reserve management plan.
- Latest on the Tahunanui Modellers Pond